The Future of Squamish Rec-Tech Economy: The Good, The Bad & The Ugly
Join us for an evening of storytelling and dialogue with 9 community contributors: What is the Future of the Squamish Rec-Tech economy? The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. This event will foster inter-generational knowledge exchange between the people of the past, present and future of the Squamish Economy.
As a new not-for-profit hub and community accelerator in Squamish, our interest lies in bringing together people who are building, shaping and influencing a vibrant local economy through use of the recreation infrastructure in the Sea to Sky. Gathering together, we will share stories of the past and present in order to discuss the integration of recreation infrastructure with the future of the Squamish economy.
How has our recreation infrastructure built a local economy, influenced the development of Squamish and how will this shape our future?
7-9PM: 9 Panelist’s Stories/Presentations + Dialogue with the Audience
9PM-Onwards: Networking and socializing
1) Gary McFarlane, trail and climbing infrastructure Rupert, Somewhere Over There +
2) Melissa Sheridan, Race Director Hot on Your Heels, SORCA
3) Steve Tulk, Kite Clash, Squamish Windsports Society
4) Mark Bunyan, Coach, Mountain Bike Camp director
5) Matt Fraser, Airhouse
6) Tanya Skok Hobbs, Mountain Biker, Owner:Shala Yoga
7) Kirby Brown, General Manager: Sea to Sky Gondola
8) Toby Foord-Kelcey, Climber, Squamish Access Society
9) Kevin McLane. Climber & Author, Guide Book Publisher.
Buy your tickets, event space is limited!
Purchase your $5 ticket here: Eventbrite Link